HIPAA Compliance Program Requirements
The Office of Civil Rights requires entities to have a properly developed HIPAA Compliance Program which is focused on protecting the privacy of patients and their Protected Healthcare Information. Some of the requirements of a HIPAA Compliance Program are;
- Designate the following Compliance Officers
- Conduct a Security Risk Analysis of practice or organization
- Have HIPAA Compliance manual which is separate from the
- OIG Compliance manual
- Have written policies and procedures
- Have computer security measures in place
- Notice of Privacy Statements
- Compliant procedure notice
- Training and education for employees and staff
- Note: The above list is not inclusive of the all requirements necessary for an effective and compliant compliance program.
Do you have questions regarding your HIPAA Compliance Program?